Use the following guide to estimate the stitch count for your logo embroidery.
Logo Sizing Stitch Counts:
- Small Logo: 1 to 7,500 Stitches
- Medium Logo Size: 7,501 to 15,000 Stitches
- Large Logo Size: 15,001 to 25,000 Stitches
- Extra Large Logo Size: Contact us for a quote for all embroidery over 25,000 Stitches.
Calculating Stitch Count With Chart:
- Left chest designs tend to be no more than 3 1/2 ” square.
- Hat designs can be no more than 2 1/4” in height.
- One solid square inch of embroidery = approximately 2,000 stitches.
- For example: 1” x 3” = approximately 6,000 stitches; or, 11/2” x 2” = approximately 6,000 stitches.
- One solid square 1/2 inch of embroidery = approximately 500 stitches
- Each letter at 1/4” in height = approximately 100 stitches. Letters should be no smaller than 1/4” for optimum clarity.
- If logo has a straight line under it, add 200 stitches per inch.
- If logo has a drop shadow, add 200 stitches per inch. Remember this rule of thumb: drop shadows are usually equal to two times the number of stitches for each letter with a drop shadow.
- If the letters are outlined, then multiply the number of stitches by 3.
- If parts of the design go outside the grid box, figure the percentage of the fill and add it to your total stitch estimation. In other words, if your extra box is only half full, add 250 stitches to your final estimate.
- There may be other factors that affect your stitch count, such as fabric type, color or intricacies of your logo.